The first regular Reformed services were held in February 1842 in the schoolhose that was located were the Zion Cemetery is located. In the beginning the services were conducted in German, beginning in 1844 a Rev. Funk began filling the need of the English speaking people, and the Rev. Tobas cared for the German speakers.
In 1854 Zion became a part of the Bloomsburg charge, and then in 1865 became part of the charge as it is now.
In 1898 a bad storm passed through the Zion area, blowing the front of the church apart, and making necessary a complete redecoration. Prior to this the pulpit stood between the two doors, with the choir in one cornor and some type of baalcony. In repairing the damage, the inside of the church was completely turned around and the new window placed between the doors. At this time(1900) the stained glass windows were all put in place.
In 1939 a John Thomas painted the picture over the altar.
In 1986 the fellowship hall was remodeled.
In 1994 we began having the Chicken BBQ suppers.
In 2004 the addition to the fellowship was was built, and new windows were installed along with the siding, new furnance and air conditioning unit.
In 2007 the parking lot between the Church and 487 was done.
In 2008 the kitchen in the fellowship hall was remodeled.
In 2010 we had a well drilled.
In 2015 new carpet and window blinds were installed in the Church.
In 2016 the fellowship hall was insulated and remodeled.
All of the above projects were completed by a lot of hard work and donations from members and others.